Ghana is the most peaceful country in West Africa
In 2019 Ghana was the number 73 economy in the world in terms of GDP (current US$), the number 72 in total exports, the number 81 in total imports, the number 141 economy in terms of GDP per capita (current US$) and the number 143 most complex economy according to the Economic Complexity Index (ECI)
In 2019 Ghana imported $18.4B, making it the number 81 trade destination in the world. During the last five reported years the imports of Ghana changed by -$238M from $18.7B in 2014 to $18.4B in 2019
During the last 20 years Ghana's economy has become relatively less complex, moving from the 128th to the 143rd position in the ECI rank.
· Ghana is a member of World Trade Organization and of the Ecowas.
· Rich resources of gold and diamonds
· Ghana being the most socio-culturally developed country in West Africa
· Suitability of political and economic conditions for foreign investors
· Rapid rise of finance, tourism, oil and agricultural industries in the country
· Ghana's advantageous geopolitical location
It is projected that there is the need to procure an additional generation capacity of 225 MW by January 2024 and an additional 200 MW by January 2025 to preserve the security of supply in Ghana. This presents a huge opportunity for companies operating in the energy sector.More...